Celery juice has become a popular health trend in recent years, with many people claiming that it can provide numerous health benefits. But why Celery Juice if other juices like carrots, beets, apples, or mixed fruits, veggies, and berries recipes are also well known for similar health benefits? After all, Gerson Therapy is a nutritional approach for treating chronic diseases with a strict juicing regimen that a German physician-developed, Dr. Max B. Gerson, about 100 years ago and is well-known among alternative medicine supporters.
So, what is the truth, and what is the myth behind this popular trend?
Read More: Best Celery Juicer Buying Guide | KitchenGearPro
Table of Contents
Who Is The Celery Juicing Movement Originator?
In fact, “the originator of the Global Celery Juice Movement,” is Anthony William, also known as Medical Medium. He is the person who first started promoting the health benefits of celery juice several years ago. He claims that drinking 16 ounces of fresh celery juice on an empty stomach every morning should improve digestion, boost energy levels, and support detoxification.
According to William, celery juice contains a unique combination of nutrients and antioxidants that can help to heal and rejuvenate the body. He recommends using organic Celery and juicing it fresh rather than using pre-made juices or celery powder supplements.
Besides, Celery juice has become popular with a wide circle of celebrities, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Pharrell Williams, Robert De Niro, Busy Philipps, Miranda Kerr, Kim Kardashian, Jenna Dewan, Naomi Campbell, etc. Many of them have shared their positive experiences with celery juice on social media, and this probably has helped to popularize the trend.
Celery Juice Benefits
First of all, freshly squeezed celery juice is a natural and healthy alternative to sugary or processed drinks, and people who have an interest in health and wellness may find that fresh juice aligns with their lifestyle.
In fact, many people have reported positive results from following William’s celery juice protocol. No wonder, Celery contains several vital nutrients, and it is low in calories and high in fiber.
There are actually quite a few reasons why you may consider drinking celery juice; they include:
- First of all, Celery is filled with nutrients such as potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C, and folate; at the same time, the juice itself is very low in calories. These all could be helpful if you are trying to manage your weight.
- Second, drinking celery juice can also support hydrating your body, which is essential for your immune system and overall health, so it can even improve the look and feel of your skin.
- Third, if you have some digestive issues or bloating conditions, the fiber and antioxidants in celery juice could also help to support healthy digestion.
- Forth, some evidence indicates that celery juice has anti-inflammatory properties, which could be especially beneficial if you are dealing with conditions related to inflammation like arthritis, etc.
Obviously, it is essential to remember that celery juice is not a magic pill or will replace a regular healthy diet and lifestyle. But if you are looking for a tasty and nutritious addition to your everyday routine, why not give it a try?
Medical Professions and Scientists about Celery Juice
The benefits of celery juice are a topic of debate in the medical community.
While some doctors believe that drinking celery juice can be part of a healthy diet and recommend celery juice as a natural remedy for various health conditions, claiming that it has some potential benefits such as:
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Celery contains a number of compounds, such as apigenin and luteolin, that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is linked to many chronic health conditions, so reducing inflammation in the body may be beneficial.
- Digestive health: Celery juice is rich in fiber, which can help promote healthy digestion, prevent constipation, and improve skin health. Additionally, some studies suggest that Celery may help protect against stomach ulcers by reducing the stomach’s acid.
- Hydration: Drinking celery juice can help you stay hydrated, which is important for overall health.
- Antioxidant properties: Celery is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals, thus boosting the immune system and even preventing cancer.
- Blood pressure: Some preliminary research suggests that celery juice may help lower blood pressure, which is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
However, some medical practitioners are more cautious in their approach and warn that it should not be seen as a cure-all or a substitute for medical treatment since there is limited scientific evidence to support many of the celery juice benefit claims.
If you are interested in trying celery juice, starting with a small amount and monitoring how your body reacts is a good idea. Since there could also be some potential downsides to consider:
- Some people may experience digestive discomfort or other side effects, mainly if they drink large amounts of celery juice.
- Celery naturally contains sodium; some people may need to watch their sodium intake for health reasons.
- The juice may be difficult for some people to digest, particularly if you have a sensitive stomach.
- Celery juice contains compounds that may interact with certain medications, so it is important to check with a healthcare provider before drinking celery juice regularly.
Thus, if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medication, it is essential to speak with a doctor before incorporating celery juice into your routine. A doctor can provide personalized advice and help you determine whether celery juice is a good option.
It is also worth noting that more research is needed to understand the potential health benefits of celery juice fully, and it is important to consume it as part of a balanced diet rather than relying on it as a panacea for health problems.
Best Juicer for Extracting Celery Juice
So, if you decide to join the Celery Juicing trend, then you will need to buy and juicing machine for extracting Celery Juice. And there are a few factors to consider when it comes to finding the best juicer for celery juice.
Although Centrifugal Juicers are pretty good at squeezing celery juice and deliver comparable with Masticating juicers yield, masticating juicers are generally considered the best choice over a centrifugal juicer.
Masticating juicers operate at a slower speed and with less heat, which can help preserve the nutrients in the juice. Masticating juicers also tend to produce juice with a longer shelf life, meaning you can store your celery juice for longer periods without losing as many nutrients. In addition, masticating juicers produce less foam than centrifugal juicers, making the juice easier to drink and more enjoyable.
Ultimately, the best juicer for celery juice will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Consider factors such as price, size of the machine, and ease of cleaning to find the juicer that is right for you.