The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender is manufactured by the Canadian Instant Company, famous for its Instant Pot Cookers. The blender was first released in 2018 and quickly became very popular with consumers. No wonder, it is a glass jar blender with a cooking element and offered at an affordable price. Besides, it is a very versatile machine.
Stay with us here; we will closely examine this blender and analyze how efficiently it performs all the claimed tasks and is worth fussy-type customers’ attention.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn an affiliate commission for purchases you make when using the links on this page.
Read More: Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender Review
Table of Contents
Functionality and Versatility
Smoothie: The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender will make excellent drinks from soft and tough ingredients. It can also produce decent quality green smoothies even from tough food. The gadget will pulverize well nuts, oats, chia seeds, and others in drinks, including usual suspects such as strawberry and raspberry seeds. But to achieve the smooth consistency of drinks, it may take up to 2 smoothies’ cycles to process. You can use Smoothie pre-set program and manual blending function for smoothies blending.
Juices: The Instant Pot Ace Nova cannot produce classic juice that separates the fiber from a liquid. However, it can emulsify fairly smooth drinks, aka “whole juice.”
Crush Ice: The Blender has a Crushed Ice pre-set program, so it is designed to process frozen ingredients and ice cubes in drinks. It will shave ice to the perfect snow-like consistency, but it is able to process good quality margaritas and other types of your favorite slushes.
Frozen Desserts: It is able to process decent quality frozen desserts and frozen yogurt recipes using the Frozen Desserts pre-set (lasts 1:42 min).
Nut milk: This machine can easily replace a few nut milk-making gadgets. It is designed for processing excellent quality oat/nut milk using the Nut/Oat Milk cold blending pre-set program rice and soy milk using the hot Rice Milk and Soy Milk pre-sets. The Blender also comes with a nut bag to strain the fiber from the mixture for the perfect nut milk results.
Tofu: Using the Soy Milk pre-set, the machine is more than capable of making perfect quality Tofu.
Pureeing: The gadget has enough power to puree raw and cooked veggies to make various recipes, from the mashed potato to the most delicious spreads and dips. For cold pureeing tasks, you can use the manual Blend setting. However, for recipes that require hot ingredients processing, you can use the hot blending Puree program with two (2) options for processing soft (spinach, tomatoes, or apples) and hard (chickpeas, carrots, or broccoli) vegetables and fruits.
Soup: This Blender is designed to handle hot liquids. It has a hot blending Soup pre-set program with two (2) options to process chunky and creamy recipes and heating ingredients using heating elements up to the 212F (100 C) and blending at the various speeds for 12 min or 13:46 min (depending on if you select a chunk of the creamy option) minutes setting + time while it heats the plate until 212 F degrees.
However, it would be best to remember not to use frozen ingredients for soup as it will burn, dairy that you can add after it is ready, or very smelly spices. You also have to chop all ingredients into small pieces before placing them in the jar since large chunks of pumpkin will not be cooked appropriately during the set Soup pre-set.
Chopping/food prep: This machine has a good range of speeds (1–10 speeds) and pulse functions. So it is perfectly able to perform a range of food prep tasks from chopping veggies for coleslaw to making a salad dressing, salsa, and marinades using manual Blend pre-set. It is also will chop nuts and grate cheese.
Dry grinding/milling: This machine is designed for grinding nuts, seeds, crackers, and dry fruits; it can also make breadcrumbs from cookies, dry bread, and cereal. The Blender can also mill the quality flour from wheat, rice, corn, oats, etc. For a dry grinding/milling job, you usually have to use a manual Blend setting.
Baby Food: The Blender is perfect for making cold or hot baby food recipes; you can use pre-set puree programs or manual Blend settings for this purpose.
Nut butter: The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender has enough power to make a decent quality nut butter only with some oil or water added. It is also equipped with a tamper, the necessary tool for such challenging tasks as processing thick mixtures. However, you should not process a thick mixture in the Blender for longer than 1 minute of continuous blending; you blend, stop, scratch the walls, and blend again.
The Ace Nova Cooking Blender is very versatile. It is equipped with enough power, pre-set options, and a range of speed to perform even a large variety of tasks. However, as with any multitasking machine, it requires time and effort to master all these functions.
Base Unit and Motor Power
This machine comes with a powerful 1000 Watts blender and 800 Watts heater motor that rotates blades at the speed of 25,000 RPMs. The base unit also has an air vent to cool the motor and non-slip rubber footpads. Unfortunately, the unit base has a rubberized plastic gears socket, so it has a short service life and could melt if not used carefully.
In addition, the unit also has an inbuilt overheat protection system that automatically shuts off the machine when the machine is overheated.
Settings and Programs
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender control panel is very elaborate to operate; it has many buttons and functions and requires some learning to master it. Essentially, it comes with a digital LED display, 9 pre-programmed settings, ((+) and (-)) buttons, Start/Pause, Cancel controls, Pulse function, manual Keep Warm and Blend programmable settings.
- The digital LED display is also very busy; it has a temperature icon in ºF / ºC, a speed bar (1–10 speeds), time counter which counts down when you use one of the 8 pre-programmed settings and counts up when you use Manual Blend or Keep Warm programmable functions. The LED display indicates the standby mode if the blender is plugged in but not in use. When you use one of the hot blendings pre-sets, the LED display shows an illuminated little flame icon.
- Nine (9) pre-programmed settings include four (4) Cold Blending Programs: Smoothies (1:30 min), Crushed Ice (0:44 min), Frozen Desserts (1:42 min), and Nut/Oat Milk(4:45 min), four (4) Hot Blending Programs: Purée, Soy Milk (25:14 min), Rice Milk and Soup, and pre-set Clean program for easy cleaning the jar. Purée, Rice milk, and Soup pre-sets have 2 settings options each. Hot Soup setting has a chunk (12:00 min) and creamy (13:46 min) options, the Puree pre-set comes with soft (0:16 min) or hard ingredients (3:52 min) options, while Rice Milk has options for white (7:49 min) and brown rice (17:49 min) milk. All the pre-set programs are activated by pressing the appropriate program and then pressing the Start/Pause button. The program will run pre-set time on different speeds, pulse bursts, and stops and automatically shut off at the end of the cycle, the LED display will show the message END.
- Two (+) and (-) buttons are designed for selecting blending speed, time for manual Blend, Keep Warm pre-sets, and Pulse
- The Cancel button is designed to stop the pre-set program at any time and return it into standby mode. Likewise, the Start/Pause will pause the pre-set program any time (LED display will show — P — message) and resume it again from where it was paused when you press it again. The Start/Pause button also selects between Fahrenheit (°F) and Celsius (°C) options if you keep pushing it for 5 seconds.
- The Pulse function is activated only in conjunction with any of the 10 speeds available. Therefore, you first select the Pulse setting, then select the speed with (+) and (-) buttons, and then press the Start/Pause for activation.
- Manual Keep Warm programmable setting with the help of (+) and (-) buttons allows adjusting the time for keeping your jar content warm (40ºF-180ºF/60ºC –80ºC) from 30 min to 2 hours time.
- The manual Blend setting allows the user to select a speed from 1 to 10 manually and run it up to 5 minutes. To start manual blending, the user presses the Blend button, with (+) and (-) buttons, selects the needed speed, and pushes Start/Stop; the blender will start running gently with increasing speed gradually until you press the Cancel button.
Unfortunately, the Ace Nova Cooking Blender does not allow you to select custom temperature settings, so it reduces its functionality a bit.
Container: This machine comes with a 56 Oz (1600 ml) heat-resistant borosilicate glass Container with bottom stainless steel internal base, so the blended food does not come in contact with any plastic or rubber during blending. It feels thick, solid, and heavy. The pitcher also features a brace catch at the rim for fitting the blender lid securely.
The container has very clear ounces, ml, and cup measuring marks and a maximum line of 56 oz. for cold ingredients and 48 oz. for hot ingredients. The minimum liquid ingredients it can handle is about 1/4 cup / 2 oz. / 60 ml. And the maximum dry content the pitcher can process is 32 oz. /1000ml.
Besides, the jar has a heating element concealed at the bottom of the jar that adds to its heavyweight. Finally, it should be mentioned the pitcher weighs just nearly 6 pounds and could be heavy to lift.
Lid: The blender set includes a rubber BPA/PFOA/PTFE-free Lid with a silicon seal, lid brace catch, and safety lid lock. The lid and lock cap are well-made and securely sit on the jar during blending.
Tamper: This machine is equipped with a plastic 3‑in‑1 tamper and measuring cup. The plunger is designed for helping to process the thick mixture and remove the air pockets. In addition, the tamper comes with a Tamper holder that also can be used as a measuring cup.
Additional Accessories: The unit also comes with a handy cleaning brush and washable milk strainer bag for making nuts, soy, rice, oats, nuts, or seeds alternative milk.
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender has an irremovable base blade assembly that is permanently inbuilt into the container.
The 8‑prongs serrated blades are made from good quality hardened stainless steel. Blades are very sharp and should be handled with care when cleaning or removing the container content. The blade system is connected to the metal base and has all-metal bearings to jar coupling.
Assembling, Operating, and Cleaning
Assembling: This blender is not difficult to assemble for use because it has an irremovable blade system. The user must place the jar on the top of the base unit, matching the position indicator (little white arrow) on the pitcher with a similar position indicator on the base unit (it will fit only in one direction). Then fill the blender with ingredients, place the lid on the jar, press it firmly, then turn it clockwise until the lid brace on the cover will catch the jar brace, so in this position, the lid safety lock will be positioned with the jar handle.
Once it sits appropriately and the lid is secularly locked into the place, the OFF sign will appear on the LED display, indicating that the blender is ready to run.
The jar is equipped with a vented 2–part lid (rubber lid and lock cap). So the locking cap could be removed for adding extra ingredients during blending or for using the tamper. The cap also intends to release the steam pressure during the processing of hot ingredients.
You have to select appropriate pre-set or manual programmable settings and press the Start/Pause button to run the machine.
Cleaning: The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender is not easy to clean. Mainly since the jar has a concealed heating element, you cannot wet the bottom of the jar where the heating element is located. In addition, the jar is not dishwasher safe; you can clean it only with a blender lid and tamper in the dishwasher.
The blender could be clean only by hand or/and using the CLEAN pre-set program, including adding a few drops of soap into the container filled halfway with water and running the CLEAN program, then rinse thoroughly and dry with a cloth. If you have some stuff stuck at the bottom of the jar (which often happens), you can also brush it manually with soap and water.
Alternatively, if some stubborn stuff builds up at the bottom, you can clean it with a bit of vinegar and baking soda, heat it with a hot program for a few minutes, cool it down a bit, and scrub the bottom with the brush.
Colors: This machine is available in three colors – black, grey, and metallic silver.
Certified Refurbished: The certified refurbished models are available for this machine. However, the price is almost similar to the original version.
Use in countries outside of the USA/Canada: This machine comes with a 110–120 voltage system for use in the USA/Canada. The blender could operate via voltage transformer in the regions with a 220–240 Volts system, but it will void the warranty. Therefore, it is advised to buy the blender via local retailers.
- Base Unit with 1000 Watts Blender and 800 Watts heater motor;
- 56 Oz (1600 ml) glass pitcher with permanently inbuilt stainless steel blade and concealed heating element;
- 2‑parts vented lid with lid cap;
- Custom tamper;
- Measuring Cup and Tamper Handle
- Cleaning Brush;
- Strainer bag;
- User manual.
The blender pack does not include a recipe book. However, you can get an excellent Instant Pot Ace Blender Cookbook: Foolproof Recipes for the Blender That Also Cooks on Amazon called that has many ideas on how to use this blender to prepare from fabulous stew to frozen desserts and a lot more.
Warranty and Customer Service
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender comes with a 1‑year LIMITED warranty for the machine. It covers only customers who purchased the blender from local authorized retailers in USA and Canada or other countries.
The repairing or replacement will require paying shipping costs. However, you should remember that the blender is very heavy, and the shipping cost will be considerable.
This machine is noisy and outputs about 70–90 decibels depending on the ingredients you blend and is similar to the blenders with similar power capacity.
Optional Accessories and Attachments
There are no extra accessories or attachments available for this machine.
There are also NO replacement parts available for this blender. However, if you need to replace the jar, lid, just lid gasket, or any other part, the customer service will offer you to buy a new blender with a discount (usually 15–20%).
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender is a bulky machine. It has a large footprint of 9.37 x 8 inches and a perfect height profile of 16.9 inches to fits under standard kitchen shelves.
It is a heavy machine, which weighs about 11.88 pounds/5.4 kg. Despite this fact, it does travel over the counter during operation. It should also be mentioned that the pitcher weighs 5lb 9oz, which is hefty for most people and will be very hard to use for someone with weak hands.
This machine, for safety reasons, has a short power supply cord of only 35″/ 0.9 m and a standard 3‑prong grounding plug.
Pros and Cons
- The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender comes with a heavy-duty and super thick glass jar;
- It has a most comprehensive range of features for the price tag, including cold and hot blending, soy milk, and frozen desserts;
- It is equipped with a few safety features;
- This very powerful and versatile machine is able to produce good quality smoothies, including the green ones;
- The gadget comes with a tamper and allows easily to process any thick mixtures;
- This machine control panel is very complicated and requires a learning curve;
- It comes with a very heavy pitcher and is not suitable for people with weak hands; It will not suit someone with strength, wresting, mobility hand issues;
- The blender comes with only a 1‑year warranty for the unit;
- This machine is not easy to clean;
- There are no replacement parts available to buy;
- The blender does not allow adjusting the cooking temperature for hot blending settings.
The blender has an excellent concept and comes with a powerful motor, glass jar, and heating element to prepare hot recipes and very professional promotion. It is very popular with consumers who praise this gadget that can perform so many functions for such an attractive price.
Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender Price
The price is very affordable and often available at a substantial discount equal fraction of the original price. So it is a compulsory measure the manufacturer implements to attract consumers.
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Cooking Blender is a versatile machine that can perform functions and replace a few kitchen gadgets while available at a very reasonable price. It blends good quality smoothies, makes excellent frozen treats, cooks hot soup, and even makes all non-dairy milk types, including nut, rice, and soy milk.
However, this fantastic blender is not for everyone. First of all, it is very heavy, and the heating element contributes to it. So if you intend to use its hot blending functions for soup or soy/rice milk making, it is not really worth buying it. Besides, it is not easy to clean since you cannot expose the bottom part to water.
Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender vs. Vitamix Blender
Many customers asked questions about if the Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender is comparable to the Vitamix Blender. However, it is not fair to compare these two gadgets.
The Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender and Vitamix Blender belong to different price categories. The Vitamix is 4–6 times more expensive than Ace Nova. Still, the Vitamix is a high-end machine with an exceptional blending quality, service life length, the longest in industry warranty, and the best customer service. In contrast, the Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender comes with a 1‑year warranty and has construction and quality issues. Nevertheless, it is an excellent machine for its price category and is a great option to have a functional blender for a low price.
Would you consider an alternative option? Check out the article Best Blenders with Glass Jar.