Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is the most basic Margaritaville machine for preparing restaurant-quality frozen drinks. It is designed for home use only but claims to produce the slushies of restaurant/bar quality. If you enjoy frozen concoctions then you would like to know if this machine worth buying.
Read our review to find out all pros and cons of this fancy gadget.
Table of Contents
- 1 Functionality
- 2 How it works
- 3 Operation
- 4 Speed Settings and Programs
- 5 Assembling/Disassembling
- 6 Cleaning
- 7 Base Unit and Motor Power
- 8 Containers
- 9 Blades
- 10 Special Features
- 11 Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker Set Includes
- 12 Warranty and Customer Service
- 13 Noise
- 14 Optional Accessories and Attachments
- 15 Dimensions
- 16 Margaritaville Bahamas Concoction Maker Pros and Cons
- 17 Margaritaville Bahamas Concoction Maker Consumer Reviews
- 18 Price
- 19 Summary
Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker comes with margarita pre-set programs and designed to make a range of truly restaurant quality slushes. The margarita is just the tip of the iceberg, it shaves ice so perfectly that with some creativity applied you can prepare a variety of drinks and recipes:
- Pre-set “Shave ‘n Blend” program and no-brainer mixer ingredients measure allow automatically make full pitcher (3-4 portions) of perfect margaritas;
- Although the pre-set program is designed specifically for a margarita, no-brainer mixer has also the Pina Coladas and daiquiris measurements for preparing full pitcher (3-4 portions) of these drinks using the same margarita pre-set or Manual Shave and Blend functions;
- Experimenting with Blend and Shave modes the user can make a variety of other types of alcoholic slushes or cocktails and achieve thinner or thicker consistency of any drink;
- Using manual Save and Blend functions create non-alcoholic frozen drinks, including the virgin frozen juices, mocktails, iced tea or coffee, lemonades, some recipes are provided in the recipes book that comes with the package or you can try your favorite one you know or from other sources, you can also follow the recipe on the no-brainer mixer, but leaving the alcoholic ingredients out;
- Make carbonated frozen drinks like Icee and Slurpee, but the carbonated liquid should be not the main ingredient in the blending jar, otherwise, the carbonation could agitate the liquid overflow from the jar;
- Smoothies with shaved ice, however, you can eliminate ice by using the blending mode for longer;
- Snow cones, the machine makes so light and fluffy shaved ice that you can easily use it for producing delicious snow cones.
So, the Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker will make a happy entire family and make delicious drinks for adults and nice snow cones and fruit ices for kids.
It is also possible to make the smaller portions of margaritas, Pina Coladas, and daiquiris by manually measuring ingredients and using manual shaving and blending modes. It may take a few tries to find the right consistency. You can master the recipes by starting with the recipe that comes with the Margaritaville books and adjusting gradually them to your taste, then changing the recipe for different consistency or manually shave more ice into the drinks. It does take some trial and error while you learn the proper proportions for the perfect drinks. The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker mixes well all the ingredients and achieves the perfect smoothness so that you cannot taste the tequila in the margarita.
How it works
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker separates the concoction process into two stages. First, it shaves ice in the shaving reservoir with a special blade system and releases the snow product through a special chute to the blending jar with a dedicated blade system. Second, in the blending jar, the snow and other ingredients are mixed to create a perfect concoction.
The machine also has a special ice melt receptacle tank at the back of the base unit where the melted ice drained directly from the ices reservoir. This ensures that the slushies never get watery and always has perfect consistency.
First, fill the blending jar with ingredients using the No-Brainer mixer or manually. If you want to make a full pitcher of Margaritaville margarita, Pina Coladas, or daiquiris recipes you better use the No-Brainer mixer – the plastic container with the measurements of the ingredients on sides. You place the mixer on the pitcher lid, fill the mixer with ingredients and release them to the jar, then remove the mixer and fit the jar to the base unit. Then you fill the ice reservoir with pure ice cubes. Now the machine is ready to run. The measurements on the mixing cup and the automation of the machine are all geared toward making a pitcher, not a single serving.
If you want to experiment with other recipes or prepare a single serving of margarita, Pina Coladas, or daiquiris, then you have to measure ingredients manually.
The manufacturer advice to use only liquid ingredients when filling the blending jar, however, from my experience it is Ok to add some frozen or fresh berries and fruits, the blender has enough power to process it.
Speed Settings and Programs
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker comes with an on/off button, one “Shave ‘n Blend” pre-programmed setting, and a manual Blend/Shave only toggle.
The on/off button activates the machine or stops earlier the “Shave ‘n Blend” cycle if needed. By pressing the pre-set program the machine starts automatically “Shave ‘n Blend” cycle which takes approximately 35 seconds. The cycle starts with shaving ice in the ice reservoir for about 15 seconds. The machine sends the snow from the ice reservoir to the blending jar and activates the blending process mixing finely snow and other ingredients prefilled in the blending jar. The blending process will again last for about 15 seconds.
The Shave/Blend toggle activates the shaving or blending only functions. By pressing the toggle in the Shave position it shaves the ice in the reservoir until you hold the toggle. By pressing the toggle in the Blend position it will activate the blender jar for the mixing process until you hold the toggle.
Simply put, the “Shave ‘n Blend” cycle mixes the right proportion of ice and other ingredients to prepare the full jar of margaritas, Pina Coladas, and daiquiris. The manual Shave/Blend function is used to prepare other recipes or customize drinks to the perfect texture to suit any personal taste.
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker comes with many parts and could be challenging to assemble and disassemble. Every piece has to be assembled the right way. The machine will not start unless the ice lid is locked the right way. The Ice distribution chute must be lifted the right way to fit the blender to place. There are eight pieces total that needs to be assembled and disassembled.
Overall, the Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is not very easy to clean. The disassembling process is quite tedious and complicated. Some parts of the gadget are dishwasher safe and other parts must be hand cleaned only. The ice melt tank, blending jar with the lid and blade assembly (blades, gasket, and base collar) – are could be cleaned on the top rack of a dishwasher. The part that involved in the ice shaving process – ice reservoir with lid, shaving paddle, ice hopper, ice deflector blade assembly, shaving blade – must be only hand washed and air dry because they are designed not to be exposed to hot temperatures. The ice shaving blade and the blender blades are super sharp and should be handled with extreme care.
Base Unit and Motor Power
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is equipped with 450 watts motor to shave ice and to mix all ingredients in the blender. The machine operates using a power cord, so it requires 110—120 volts AC electrical supply. The Margaritaville does not produce battery operated Bahamas machines any longer. However, it could be used via a cigarette lighter adapter for tailgating.
The entire base unit is made of plastic material but looks nice and sturdy. The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker also has the cord storage compartment that hides the unused part of the cord tidy at the back of the unit.
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker comes with four containers and 2 lids. All of them are made from a very heavy shatterproof 1/4 inch thick plastic-type material:
- 36 oz. blending jar with Easy-Pour hatch lid for quick concoction serving. It serves 3 – 4 drinks per pitcher. However, the blending jar is not designed to hold the hot liquids or the sudden change in food temperature what could cause the blending jar to crack;
- No-Brainer Mixer with the side markings up measurements that show you how much of what to add for Pina Coladas, daiquiris, and margaritas. It does all the guesswork for you with ingredients measuring;
- Ice Reservoir with the securely locking lid that holds ice enough to fill a 1 full pitcher;
- Rear Ice Melt Reservoir that channels away melting ice, so drinks will not get watery while standing.
The Margaritaville Bahamas are equipped with two sets of high-quality stainless steel blades – shaving blades for the ice shaving reservoir and the blade assembly for the blending jar. The blades are good quality and very sharp, however, they do not get dull over time.
Colors: This model is available only in one color decision with a metallic base and a lime pitcher.
Certified Refurbished: There is no Certified Refurbished version available for this model.
Use in countries outside of the USA/Canada: The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is designed for a 110-120 voltage system only. The user can operate it over the voltage transformer. However, the manufacturer does not recommend this as it can compromise the functionality of the machine.
Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker Set Includes
- Ice Reservoir and Lid;
- Shaving Paddle;
- Ice Hopper, Ice Shaving Blade with Deflector, Blade Assembly Nut;
- Blending Base with Control Panel and Ice Chute, Ice Melt Reservoir and Cord Storage Door;
- 36 oz. (1.07 L) Blending Jar with Lid;
- Blade assembly with Sealing Ring and Jar Base/Collar;
- No-Brainer Mixer;
- Measuring cup;
- Quick start guide;
- User manual;
- Margaritaville Maker Legacy story;
- A simple guide for pitchers;
- Changes in Latitude party guide with recipes.
Warranty and Customer Service
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker comes with a 1-year limited non-transferable warranty only. The customer service is polite and helpful. They will replace or repair the unit or parts free of charge within one year of purchase. If you have an issue with the machine or need replacement parts that are not available via the usual retailers, ou should contact Margaritaville Customer Service directly https://www.margaritavillecargo.com/contact-us#need-help-call-us-block.
When the warranty period is passed, the customer would require paying some fee for the unit service. However, the machine is well-made and durable and easily lasts over 3-4 years.
This is the ice processing gadget and no wonder it is very loud. It outputs well over 100 decibels when operating.
Optional Accessories and Attachments
There are extra accessories available for this model:
- The Margaretville travel bag.
- Margaritaville Salt and Lime Tray and Cutting Board Set.
- Margaritaville Frozen Drink Recipes Mixer Bottle.
The jars and most of the other unit parts are interchangeable between the Margaritaville models. All replacement part is available also through the online retailer or manufacturer website.
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is quite big and has 14inches X 8 inches footprint with a height of 18 inches when fully assembled. It is not designed for easy storage because its components are not nestled together neatly. Nevertheless, this machine is not for everyday use to sit on your counter thus will require some storage space in your kitchen.
Margaritaville Bahamas Concoction Maker Pros and Cons
- The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is the best machine on the market that is designed to make really restaurant quality concoction in the comfort of your home;
- It makes only make perfect frozen drinks but also able to make them quickly what is very important if you host a party;
- The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker makes not only frozen concoction but also can be used for slurped, ice and snow cones;
- The gadget is durable and easily will last for over 4 years.
- It requires a lot of space for storage;
- It could be complicated to assemble/ disassemble and clean.
Margaritaville Bahamas Concoction Maker Consumer Reviews
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is a piece of heaven in your home. It looks nice and makes perfect quality frozen drinks. No wonder, it has mostly excellent customer reviews.
Amazon rating – 4.9
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is sold for about $200 on the manufacture website. However, Amazon often has this unit for as much as $159.
The Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker is a fancy ice shaver. Although it is quite loud, hard to clean, and has a massive size it makes the gorgeous frozen beverages. It is a hardly necessary appliance in the kitchen. However, this piece of heaven will be nice to have a gadget for those who like slushies and likes to host parties.
Besides, it comes in a very nice and colorful package that includes everything to make luscious bar quality drinks, no doubts, it also will make a great gift option.