Choosing the best blender that fits your budget can be quite a challenging task. It is easy to get lost with such a vast variety of models and brands available on the market. In particular, when so many China produced kitchen gadgets flooded the market. Advertisements also deliver often confusing information, insisting that you can buy a blender of Vitamix quality or better, for the price of around $100. To be honest, that is absolute nonsense, but it is possible to find a decent blender for an affordable price of under $100 that will make your blending experience pleasant.
Read this article to find out about the 7 best blenders you can buy without breaking the bank.
If you are looking for the Best Single serve type Blender check the Best Affordable Bullet Blenders article.
Table of Contents
How the Ratings Were Assigned
Before applying our criteria, we selected 15 of the most popular blender models between $50 and $100 on Amazon and Walmart that produced by well-known brands with the blender manufacturing history. We intentionally excluded all China produced models, the reason for this is clarified in Best Vitamix Knockoff Blenders Under $100 article.
Then we studied various sources such as the manufacturer’s product manuals, the motor construction specs, compared pitchers, blade types, read a number of reviews on few retailers’ sites, and studied product reports tests. We then evaluated blending quality of different ingredients from videos, photos, and customer reviews and came out with the best deal with a price range between $50 and $100. The results are quite interesting.
#1 Oster Pro 1200 Blender
The Oster Pro 1200 Blender is available in three packages – 1)with glass jar and personal size cup; 2)with glass gar, single serve cup and food processor attachment; 3)with a large Tritan pitcher and food processor attachment. It also has a few other nice features.
Motor:First of all, it is equipped with a very powerful motor of 1200 Watts, all metal drivetrain, and others gear stripping. It makes the Oster motor very sturdy and durable.
Container: Another good feature is the 48 oz. resistant-to-thermal-shock glass container. It also includes BPA-free polycarbonate 24 oz. single serve cup and food processor attachment (optional).
Comes with removable blade system interchangeable between jar and single serve cup.
Controls and using: This blender has 7 control buttons to control the blending process – 3 pre-set programs and low, med and high speed and Pulse function.
It is fairly easy to set-up and clean.
- Most importantly, it makes perfectly smooth smoothies, even from hard fruits and vegetables, and greens, suits for green smoothies;
- Suitable for whole juice;
- Crushes ice very well, able to make snow cones;
- Handles well hot ingredients, but does not heat with frictions;
- Purees well cooked and raw veggies and suitable for making Baby food;
- Makes dressings, chops veggies, makes dips including hummus;
- Able to make nut butter, although with efforts;
- Grinds herbs, coffee, oats, and even makes flour of reasonable quality.
Warranty: In addition, Oster Pro 1200 comes with 3 years limited warranty, with 10 years limited warranty for its motor. The Oster customer service is polite and helpful.
Summary: Most of all it comes with very desirable by many customer good quality Glass Jar. In addition, you have the option to buy this machine with the food processor attachment. Altogether, it is a very versatile and good-quality gadget in our selection of under $100 deal.
Amazon rating – 3.8 – 4.1
#2 NutriBullet ZNBF30400Z 1200 Watt Blender
There are two Nutribullet almost identical model are available on the market. The first is ZNBF30400Z 1200 Watt and the second NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Combo 1200 Watt model. The Combo model comes with the single serve attachment and cost over $100. However, the Basic one has the same functionality but comes only with the full size pitcher and priced under $100.
Motor: The NutriBullet ZNBF30400Z 1200 Watt blender comes with a powerful 1200 Watts motor. Although all the motor to blades coupling system is made of plastic but it looks sturdy.
- Makes perfect quality smoothies even from hard ingredients, excellent green smoothies maker;
- Process ice and frozen ingredients only with enough liquids added;
- Able to produce nut butter with some oil added;
- Does not handle hot ingredients, will not heat soup with frictions, purees only cooled ingredients for soup;
- Make variety of salad dressings, chops veggies and makes dips including hummus and pesto;
- Suitable for making baby food;
- Grinds coffee beans, herbs but not able to produce flour for baking.
Controls and Using:This NutriBullet 1200Watts machine is very easy to use and includes tamper for better processing thick and frozen ingredients. It has the 3 speeds (Low, Med, and High) and Pulse function that allows fair good control over the blending.
Container:The pitcher is made of BPA-free polycarbonate with 64 oz. capacity. Blades are not removable, which makes it easy to use and clean.
Warranty: It has 1 year limited warranty. Customer service is polite but not helpful.
Summary: It is very nice countertop model of NutriBullet blender. Although, it is quite simple blender with limited controls but does all the basic to med rage function very well. Most important, it produces very good quality smoothies. This gadget set includes a very good-quality recipes book.
Amazon rating – 4.7
#3 KitchenAid KSB1570 Blender
There are 3 very similar KithenAid blenders available on the market. All have identical power and base unit but differ by the container type and control panel functionality. However, KitchenAid KSB1570 5-Speed Blender the only one that is available under $100.
Motor: KitchenAid KSB1570 comes with a 670 Watts motor, which is one of the lowest in our selection. However, it has all metal and sturdy motor and coupler that adds durability to this machine. The gear that connects to the base is coated for quiet operation. This machine altogether is solid and looks durable with the die-cast metal base unit.
It also equipped with motor protection system that shut off machine automatically if the blender overloaded or overheated.
Control: It is operated with 5 speeds buttons, 30 seconds Crush Ice pre-set program and Pulse modes. Pulse mode operates while you hold the pulse button.
This machine is easy to use and clean.
Container: The 56 oz. container is made of BPA-free polycarbonate, the blade is inbuilt and not removable.
- Makes good quality smoothies, just slightly textured, especially when frozen berries are used;
- Able to process whole juice only in 2-3 minutes of blend;
- Crushes ice well for snow cones, but not very good at crushing frozen ingredients in smoothies;
- Does not handle hot ingredients, purees only cooled soup ingredients;
- Purees food only with some liquid added, suites for baby food;
- Very good at making salad dressings, salsa, sauces and mayonnaise, chops veggies and nuts well also;
- Grinds well herbs, coffee beans, flaxseeds and other, but not relay able to grind flour for baking.
Warranty: This machine has 1-year Full Warranty from date of purchase.
Summary: Considering that it has only 670 watts motor but able to perform a range of basic to medium range blender functions. Thus, the gadget is fairly versatile. At the same time it will save the electricity consumption.
Amazon rating – 4.2
#4 Oster Reverse Crush Blender
The Oster Reverse Crush blender is designed for crushing ice and though it is not very versatile but make it main job very well.
Motor: This Oster model also has quite a powerful 1000 Watts motor. As all the Oster brand models, it comes with a durable, all-metal motor drive coupling. With a metal-painted base unit, it looks nice and sturdy.
- Makes perfect-quality fruits and greens smoothies without any lumps, you may need to run 2 Frozen Drink cycles for better result;
- Designed especially for crushing ice, so it does its job very well;
- Purees well soft food, for harder food needs more liquids, suites for baby food making;
- Despite the fact that it is designed for crushing ice, it can process hot ingredients;
- Very good at chopping foods for salads and others, makes good dips, salsas and mixes;
- Not very good at making nut butter, but possible with many efforts;
- The blender is not designed for grinding any food.
Container and blades: Oster Reverse Crush Blender has a quality shock and temperature resistant a 6-Cup (48 oz.) Boroclass glass pitcher. The machine equipped with the stainless steel 6 point star blade removable blades that especially designed with reverse action for crushing ice.
Controls and using: Its control panel has 3 speeds (Low, Med and High), along with Low Pulse, High Pulse functions and 2 pre-set program (Frozen Drink and Food Chop), making it 7 in total.
This machine is fairly easy to use and clean.
Warranty: This Oster blender also comes with 3 years limited warranty for the blender, and 10 years limited warranty for the motor.
Summary: The Oster Reverse Crush gadget, although is not very versatile but well made, durables and makes good smoothies and crushes ice well. Another good feature, it also compatibles with other Oster Blenders accessories such as different blades and even Food Processor Attachment. So with extra accessories you may expand this machine versatility.
Amazon rating – 4.0
#5 Cuisinart CBT-1000 PowerEdge 1.3 HP Blender
Cuisinart CBT-1000 PowerEdge is mid-range blender from well-known brand. It combines very stylish exterior design with fairly powerful motor.
Motor: This gadget has a powerful 1000 Watts motor. It has a metal gear drive in the blender is metal, and rubberised plastic gasket underneath the main pitcher that tends to wear fast from the interaction with metal parts.
Cuisinart CBT-1000 heavy-duty die the cast metal housing is stable and secure on your countertop. It has a very heavy base unit with rubber feet that noticeably limits any vibration and noise.
Container and blades: The 62 oz. pitcher is made of premium quality Eastman Tritan copolyester material. This machine has removable sharp 6 prongs turbo-edge stainless steel blades.
Although, the removable blades take some efforts to assemble (needs twisting the cutting assembly clockwise until tightened) but in general the blender is fairly easy to use.
Controls and using: It has very modern look with backlit count-up timer with beep after 4 minutes of blending time. The controls are basic, it has 2 speeds (Low and High), pre-programmed settings (30 seconds Smoothie and 22 seconds Ice Crush) and Pulse mode that work with Low or High speeds.
- Makes smooth drinks and has no problem pulverizing hard vegetables, green smoothies requires to run 2-3 cycles for best result;
- Crushes ice perfectly;
- Boiling ingredients should be cooled down before placing into pitcher blender jar;
- Can make mayonnaises, salsa, salad dressing, dips, make hummus;
- Not designed for nut butter, but possible to make after some struggle;
- Chops nuts, cheese and veggies
- Purees cooked and raw veggies, suitable for baby food, puree cooled ingredients for soup;
- Very good at grinding coffee and herbs, not suitable for making baking flour.
Warranty: The blender comes with a reasonable 3-years limited warranty and has good customer service.
Summary: Overall, Cuisinart CBT-1000 PowerEdge performance is pretty good for 1000 Watts blender. This machine is not overly noisy. Altogether, with very stylish design this machine is worth to consider.
Amazon rating – 3.5
#6 Hamilton Beach Sound Shield Blender
Hamilton Beach come with a good quality quite sound enclosure making it real quite blender. It is also available in 3 models – 3-speed blender, 3-speed with additional travel attachment, 5-speed with additional travel attachment – and all of the models are priced under $100.
Motor: It comes with a 950 Watts motor. The base unit and blades connections have a lot of plastic parts but has noise baffling pad that also helps to reduce noise coming from the blender.
- Makes good quality smoothies from soft food and a bit chunky consistency from leafy and strained ingredients;
- Process ice fairly well, but often with efforts;
- Perfect for making variety of salsas, dressings and dips, can chop veggies, nuts and make bread crumbles;
- Glass jars handle any hot ingredients;
- Will not able to make nut butter;
- Has not enough power for grinding.
Container: All models comes with a 52 oz. solid thick glass container, and 20 oz. glass travel cup. It also has 4 tines removable blade system that is interchangeable between the large jar and travel cups.
Controls and using: This machine very basic control panel that includes 3 or 5 speeds depending on model and pulse function.
This basic blender is very easy to use and clean.
Warranty: The blender equipped with 3 years limited warranty for U.S. and 5 years limited warranty for Canada and helpful customer support.
Summary: Although, this blender is very basic and not very versatile but it has a glass container and good quality sound shield that make this blender is the quietest one in its power range.
Amazon rating – 3.7
#7 Ninja Pro BL660 Blender
The Ninja Pro Bl660 blender comes with the large jar and two personal blender cups with own blades system making two blenders in one.
Motor: Ninja has a powerful 1100 Watts motor, but it is not the most powerful in our selection. This machine has a lot of plastic parts such base unit housing, the part which locks container to the base, and partly-plastic blades, which makes this gadget fairly fragile.
Controls and using: It has a modest 3 speed and the pulse setting.
Containers and blades: Ninja 72 large jar and two 16 oz. single serve cups are made of polycarbonate. The jar has sharp and bulky removable blades and separate single serve attachment blades system.
This gadget is very difficult to set up for running and to dismantle after use. It has a complicated secure lid lock, very sharp blades, which is not safe for a user to take out and clean.
- The large jar makes quite chunky smoothies, especially when processing greens and hard vegetables, the single serve attachment makes fine smoothies even from the green ingredients;
- Crushes ice relatively well, the personal blender though makes it better;
- Able to makes nut butter, though a bit chunky;
- Does not handle hot ingredients but can puree cold ingredients for soup;
- Can be used for baby food;
- Can chop veggies and make variety of salsas dips, salad dressing, personal blender is the better option for these tasks;
- Singles serve attachments can grind coffee beans, herbs and grainy quality flour;
Warranty: In addition, it has only 1 year of limited warranty and very poor customer service.
Summary: This gadget does not look sturdy, and customers have complained that it wears off, on average, within 1.5 years. This machine is also very loud. Despite all the issues, this gadget is very popular and has one of the highest rating of 4.4 we decided to include it in our selection.
Amazon rating – 4.4
If you expect from your under $100 gadget high-quality blending, versatility and sturdiness, we think you should consider the Oster Pro 1200 machine.
However, the NutriBullet only marginally loses to the Oster. Basically, they are the two best machines on the market for this price in terms of blending quality among the established and well-known brands. Oster Pro wins because of its glass pitcher, all metal motor and coupling stripping, long warranty and very reasonable price. NutriBullet 1200 Watt, with the same perfect-quality blending as the Oster, comes with tamper and nice recipe book.
The KithenAid machine. Though not very powerful but has a solid built and reputable manufacturer. The Oster Reverse Crush gadget is not versatile but also worth to consider for customers who intend to process iced drinks. The Cuisinart CBT-1000 PowerEdge is very stylish blender and will suit those who pays a lot of attention to the blender’ exterior.
Surprisingly, the Oster Pro, Ninja 610 and NutriBullet 1200 Watt are the major bestselling competitors on amazon these days. Ninja has the highest rating and more reviews than any other machine in our list. However, our research shows that Ninja does not even come close to the quality of blending that Oster or NutriBullet 1200 Watt offer. The durability and construction parameters of Ninja are much weaker than the other blenders in our list.
It seems that most people do not do a thorough research before making the decision to purchase this kitchen gadget, instead relying heavily on aggressive advertisement campaigns, which Ninja conducted in recent years.
However, by now, with the help of our research, you should understand all the pros and cons of the under $100 blenders, and make your personal, independent decision.
Alternatively, if you look for personal blenders check the Best Affordable Bullet Blenders article or if you consider gadgets from unknown Chinese knockoff brands check our article Blenders Vitamix Knockoff Blenders for under $100.
Check the Best Blender for Smoothies and More article for more options.