A hand blender is a vital complement found in most perfect modern kitchens. Most daily kitchen activities require this kitchen tool to prepare perfect recipes. Think of making omelets, mashing potatoes, pureeing soup, and vegetables, chopping cheese, and preparing baby food. All these kitchen activities require you to use a hand blender.
So as you decide to buy one, you have to select a suitable model. Here is the CORDED Multiquick MQ735X Immersion Blender that belongs to the mid-range Braun MQ700 Series. This article will look at all the factors you need to consider when purchasing the immersion blender.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn an affiliate commission for purchases you make when using the links on this page.
Table of Contents
The Braun’s Multiquick 7 Immersion Blender Blending Shaft, Whisk, and Chopper attachments are designed to perform the following tasks:
Blending Shaft functions:
- Making velvety smooth Soup, the blender construction allows blending boiling hot ingredients directly on a stove;
- Light prep recipes like mayonnaise, hummus, pesto, dips, sauces, salad dressings, and others;
- Pureeing cooked vegetables such as potatoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnip, and others;
- Mashing and Chopping cooked meat and fish;
- Bulletproof Coffee which supposed to blend together hot coffee with butter and oil;
- Smoothies, Milk and Protein, Shakes from soft fruits and veggies; it also can process semi-frozen ingredients; however, it does not have the power to blend ice cubes or large pieces of frozen bananas and other fruits and veggies;
- It also is able to froth milk;
Whisker Attachment functions:
- Beats ready-mix desserts and sponge cakes batter;
- Whips egg whites and yolks, cream, meringue;
- This attachment, similar to the blending shaft, is perfectly suitable for making mayonnaise;
- Dices hard cheese, onion, tomatoes, and other vegetables;
- Chops cooked meat, cooked fish, herbs, nuts, bread, crackers;
- Minces garlic.
However, this blender is unsuitable for chopping ice cubes, coffee beats, milling grains, and other hard-shelled ingredients.
Braun Multiquick 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender comes with a powerful 500 Watts motor, while most immersion blenders have 200–400 Watts. As a result, it has excellent torque without bogging or slowing down.
It has a solidly built metal body with a control button on the front and an excellent rubber grip on the backside, so it is comfortable to hold and safe from slippage.
Unfortunately, like the majority of immersion blenders (excluding Bamix), its internal gear coupling is made of plastic, thus not very durable.
The Braun Multiquick Braun 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender features a lock button on top of a handle with a pilot light and control button in front. The lock button is just a safety feature, so you cannot accidentally press the blender, and it rumps up blending. So, to start operating the blender, you have to press the lock button with your pointer finger, and the pilot light will change from red to green; then, you have to start pushing the front control button gently with your index finger.
The harder you press the control button, the faster it is going to blend, if you need a slow speed, you just gently squeeze it, and if you need a rapid speed, you press it more. The speed control has about 3/4 inch deepness to adjust from low to high speed.
The lock and control buttons are both very responsive and perfectly placed on a handle and allow easy control of how you chop and blend, press lightly for light recipes, or press down harder for tougher jobs. So you can operate and adjust the speed with one hand without any effort.
Like all immersion blenders, The Braun Multiquick Braun 3‑in‑1 has no cycle time; it operates when you press a button and stops working when you release it.
Attachments and Accessories
Braun Multiquick 7 Blender comes with four (4) accessories – the Blending Shaft, Whisk Attachments, Chopper Attachment, and Beaker.
- Blending Shaft is the 8 1/8 inches long brushed stainless steel post with a non-brushed stainless steel head covering s‑type blade assembly. The stainless steel blending shaft has an immersion length of 6 5/8 inches and allows the process of hot ingredients on the stove; it also has no danger and no leaching of plastic to your food. The blending head has a no holes unique design that redirects the force downwards with a lot of suction to the point of blending and not the bottom of the container. So such design allows ingredients to flow easily without clogging, substantially minimizes the suction effect, and does not splash whatever ingredients you blend. In addition, the 2.6 inches blade head diameter allows fitting it into a regular Mason Jar Mouth. A movable stick blade is another Braun unique feature. It allows moving the blade assembly by ¼ inch up and down inside the bell head, providing better, faster, and finer cutting ability.
- Whisk Attachment is constructed with two parts — a plastic Gearbox and a stainless steel Whisk. It has a slightly narrower design than other standard whisks, so it easily fits in the beak in the Braun blender package and most of the other standard ones you can find in your cupboard.
- Beaker is 20 ounces in capacity and is made of BPA-free plastic. This 6 ½ inches tall cup with a 2 ¼ inches top diameter is perfectly suited for blending smoothies or light prep recipes.
- Chopper Attachments come in 4 parts — 2‑cup / 500 ml BPA-free plastic Chopping Bowl, Lid (with gear), Chopping blade, and Anti-slip rubber ring.
The Lid sits on the container grooves without fastening to it, so it is very easy to use. The blade assembly is removable and allows unloading and cleaning of the bowl without effort. The rubber ring on the bottom of the bowl keeps it stable during the operation without holding it for stability.
In general, the chopper attachments work very well; it chops process ingredients into the perfect size chunks and does not process the food to the puree texture.
The MQ9037X model also includes the Masher Attachment for pureeing cooked vegetables. However, you can perfectly do the mashing with an S‑blade blending shaft.
It also should be mentioned the Braun Multiquick 7 Immersion Blender accessories are not interchangeable with
Assembling, Dissembling, and Cleaning
Assembling /Disassembling: Setting up for use and disassembling the blender is a breeze. It takes zero time; everything is intuitive/common sense. You just have to pop the attachments on a handle and push it until you click, and all attachments are set up the same way.
It is so easy to set up and dismantle that you are most likely to use it all the time for all light or medium kitchen tasks.
Cleaning: All the attachments, including the shaft, whisker, beaker, chopper parts, and excluding the motor body part, are top-rack dishwasher safe. However, you better clean it manually to prolong the life of the device.
The Braun Multiquick Braun MQ7035X 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender comes with an excellent hand blender 3‑years manufacturer warranty.
Braun Multiquick 7 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender has compact sizes for such a powerful machine. The motor handle with blending shaft assembled measures 15.35 inches long and 2.68 inches in diameter. It weighs only 1.90 lbs and suits even people with weak hands.
The device also comes with a standard two (2) prone 4ft/1.2 m long cord that makes it easy to get around the kitchen and blend the soup on the stove.
- Motor Body;
- Blending shaft with s‑blades;
- Wisk attachments;
- Chopper attachment;
- 20 ounces measuring cup;
- Instruction manual with the pictorial guide (no recipes);
Color: The unit is available only in one color — premium black and brushed stainless steel.
Voltage System: The Blender is constructed to operate with a 110–120 V system only in the USA, Canada, South America, and some other countries. Consumers with 220–240 voltage systems are advised to buy the device via local retailers.
Country of Production
Engineered in Germany and manufactured in Romania.
Pros and Cons
- This is a well-built, solid device with powerful 500 watts motor;
- Comes with the perfect set of attachments for wide functionality tasks;
- Has stainless steel shaft;
- Constructed to operate with one hand easily;
- The shaft head is designed to operate with zero splashing;
- It comes with an excellent immersion blender three (3) a years warranty;
- The blending head fits into the standard Mason Jar mouth;
- A gear coupling is made of plastic;
- It has no bell guard to protect pots.
Braun Multiquick Braun MQ7035X 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender Price
The Braun Multiquick Braun MQ7035X 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender comes at a reasonable price for such a well-built device with the perfect attachments.
The Braun Multiquick Braun MQ7035X 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender is a very versatile premium quality blender. It has a powerful 500 Watts motor, comes with a perfect set of attachments, and is thus able to perfume all the variety of tasks typical for a hand blender. It is also equipped with unique features such as non-splashing technology, multiple speed control to operate with one hand, and easy one-click assembling /disassembling construction. In addition, it has an excellent three (3) years warranty that ensures the manufacturer stands behind its product.
So, if you are looking for a good quality blender for everyday food prep tasks or quick basic smoothies, Braun Multiquick Braun MQ7035X 3‑in‑1 Immersion Blender is a perfect option. Moreover, it is reasonably priced and will not break the bank.
Would you like to look at other options? Check our article, The 8 Best Immersion Blenders for all Budgets?