The KitchenAid has a few top-rated corded hand machines and a 5‑speed PROLine Cordless Immersion Blender that belongs to the premium niche.
This is the new mid-level KitchenAid cordless hand blender that was released in 2020; it comes only with a blending arm and is available at a very reasonable price.
Read our detailed review to find out if this blender could be a valuable addition to your collection of kitchen gadgets.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn an affiliate commission for purchases you make when using the links on this page.
Read More: Bamix G200 Gastro Pro‑2 Hand Blender Review
Table of Contents
KitchenAid KHBBV53 Cordless Hand Blender Functionality
This cordless immersion blender with the blending arm attachment has tremendous power to perform a variety of tasks:
- Soups – it is designed to puree soups, and the user can do it directly on the stove; the blending arm is also equipped with a plastic guard to keep non-stick pans safe from damage;
- Smoothies – it is more than capable of blending smoothies from soft ingredients; it will not handle ice cubes, though;
- Sauces, salsas, dressings, and dips – it is great for mixing small batches of food, and the user can do it right in the Mason jar;
- Baby food – it is no problem for this versatile gadget to puree cooked veggies and soft raw fruits;
- Whipped cream, chocolate mousse, or mayonnaise;
- Mashed potatoes – it is capable of mashing potatoes while it is better to add some liquid; otherwise, the mixture gets very sticky;
- Mix cakes are powerful enough to mix cakes and cookie batter, etc.
- Chop veggies such as carrots, onion, and garlic – however, you have to pre-cut large veggies into smaller pieces;
- Chop cooked meat – cut meat into ¾ inches/2 cm cubes before processing;
- Chop nuts – Users have to use a pulsing function for these tasks.
The KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender comes with a plastic and stainless steel body and a comfortable grip. The body encloses 8 volts of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. It is also equipped with a battery indicator light that is located on the top of the body unit. This is a cordless blender, and its power is interpreted in different wattage terms.
The blender battery is charged with an adapter in two hours for a full charge and 20 mins for a quick charge. The fully charged blender will operate for 2 hours and can blend up to 25 bowls of soup with a capacity of 12 ounces. The quickly charged blender would have enough power to blend 44 ounces of soup and 16 ounces of smoothie.
The battery indicator light is designed to show the blender’s power capacity. If it has a static green light, then it has up to 30–100 % of capacity; when it starts to flash with red light, it informs the user that it is less than 30% and needs recharging.
This blender has only two control buttons to operate. The safety switch on the front and the variable speed trigger the body unit’s back palm side. The safety switch is designed to prevent activating the machine accidentally. The variable speed button is pressed with the palm and designed to adjust the blender speed depending on the firmness of pressing it from light to firm push.
Attachments and Accessories
The KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender comes with only one but the most necessary attachment and a measuring cup.
Blending Arm/Shaft is a removable stainless steel 8/20.3 cm mixing arm with a 4‑prong blade. The set also includes a removable plastic pan guard that is designed to protect from scratching the cookware during use.
Mixing cup – the blender set also includes the 3 cups/700 ml BPA-free plastic Blender cup with a lid and narrow non-skid ring on the bottom.
There are also available to buy the optional accessories separately – the Cordless 5 Cup Food Chopper (KFCB529) and 7 Speed Hand Mixer (KHMB732).
Assembling, Dissembling, Using, and Cleaning
Blender Shaft: Assembling and disassembling the blender is very easy; users just have to twist/untwist to lock/unlock the Blending arm. There is no release button; just make sure it clicks into place.
Using: To start the blender running, the user has to press the safety button and the trigger button at the same time. Then release the safety switch and keep holding down the variable speed trigger while the blender is running. When the user releases the variable speed button, the blender stops.
Although it is a bit tricky to press two buttons simultaneously, these buttons are conveniently located, and once you learn to use them, it becomes intuitive. Thus, you can efficiently operate the blender with one hand.
Cleaning: It is so easy to clean, just wipe the motor unit with a damp cloth and use mild dish soap to wash the blending arm. Besides, the blending arm, pan guard, and mixing cup could be washed on a top rack of the dishwasher.
The KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender is equipped with one (1) year full warranty that covers delivery of a replacement blender free of charge; the blender fails within one year of use from the date of purchase.
It is 16.3″ long and has a 2.5″ diameter, which weighs only 3 pounds, that is light enough for the cordless gadget.
Country of Production
The KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender is manufactured in China under strict supervision and quality control.
- Body Unit;
- Blending Arm;
- Removable pan guard;
- Mixing Cup with lid;
- Charger Adapter;
- User manual.
Pros and Cons:
- Powerful cordless blender;
- Designed for up to 2 hours of running after full charge;
- Versatile and performs a wide range of tasks;
- It comes with a pan guard to protect the cookware from scratching;
- Weigh only 3 pounds is not heavy for a cordless immersion blender;
- Designed to be operated with one hand;
- Comes with only a 1‑year warranty.
KitchenAid KHBBV53 Cordless Hand Blender is an affordable cordless blender and is available at a very reasonable price.
The KitchenAid KHBBV53 Cordless Immersion Blender is a true powerhouse with long-lasting up to 2‑hour batteries.
It is a well-sleek, built, and high-quality machine. However, it comes only with the blending shaft (while most people need only this attachment, it is a versatile machine. Besides, it comes with a nifty attachment that protects the pans from scratching pans, and you can blend the soup right on the stove without scratching your favorite cookware. Besides, it can be easily operated with one hand and weigh only 3 pounds, that not heavy for cordless machines. So you cannot go wrong with this helpful KitchenAid gadget.
Please check the 8 Best Immersion Blenders for all Budgets articles if you consider an alternative option.
I love the blender but the pan guard falls off.