Vitamix Venturist V1200 blender is a budget Ascent series blender. It has similar to other Ascent models technical parameters, including smart self-detect container system and wireless Bluetooth connectivity features but has a budget design.
It was initially created for Costco and is supposed to come in a bundle with additional accessories. 20-oz single-serve cup, 8‑oz and blending cups, tamper holder, blade scraper tool.
Alternatively, check our article Which is the Best Vitamix Blender to Buy? – All Models Comparison Guide 2021
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, we may earn an affiliate commission for purchases you make when using the links on this page.
Table of Contents
- 1 Vitamix Venturist V1200 Functionality
- 2 Base Unit, Motor Power, and Overall Design
- 3 Speed Settings and Programs
- 4 Container and Other Accessories
- 5 Blades
- 6 Ease of Using and Cleaning
- 7 Optional Accessories and Attachments
- 8 Special Features
- 9 Set Includes
- 10 Warranty and Customer Service
- 11 Noise
- 12 Dimensions
- 13 Pros and Cons
- 14 Consumer Reviews
- 15 Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender Price
- 16 Summary
Vitamix Venturist V1200 Functionality
Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender is equipped with power and ranges of speeds that will elevate anyone’s cooking to the next level by allowing them to make the silkiest smoothies, soups, shakes, ice cream, sorbets, and various gastronomic sauces, purees, nut butter, and for grinding grain. It is the most distinguishing characteristic of a Vitamix; that is why most professional chefs use this machine.
- Make perfectly smooth smoothie (without any texture) from soft or hard ingredients, including such usual suspects as kale, spinach, carrots, and pineapple;
- Perfect for green smoothies;
- Liquefies any seeds (sunflower, chia, flax) and nuts in the drinks without any graininess;
- Obliterates any berries including strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry without any seeds residues left in the drink;
- Handles avocado seed.
- Processing smoothies times will generally be less than one minute (usually 30 seconds).
- Make perfect “whole juice”.
- Do not expect the textbook juice, which separates the fiber from a liquid, which is possible only with a classic juicer and not the blender.
- Crush frozen fruit, vegetable, and ice cube in the drinks;
- Shaves ice into snow consistency to prepare snow cones, ice cream, and other frozen desserts;
- Perfectly suitable for making frozen alcoholic drinks such as margaritas and others.
- Makes perfect soy, nuts, or seeds milk;
- It obliterates all ingredients so efficiently that you do not even need the nut milk bag to strain the liquid from the fiber.
- Has enough power for pureeing just about anything, no difference if it cooked or raw vegetables;
- Perfect for baby food;
- Makes various dips and spreads, including hummus and pesto.
Soup/ hot ingredients:
- Heats liquids via blade frictions and make boiling hot soup from cold ingredients within 5 minutes;
- Process any hot liquids and purees hot ingredients for soup straight from the cooker or stove;
- Suitable for making bulletproof coffee;
- Chops veggies for salad, marinades, salad dressing, and mixes;
- It blends perfect sauces and mayonnaise.
- Make smooth nut butter from raw and roasted nuts with and without oils added;
- Come with a tamper to help process thick mixtures and remove air pockets during blending.
- Grind coffee beans, herbs, and spices;
- Mills all types of grain, including the hard ones like rice or tiny like quinoa, into the baking quality flour.
- Knead dough including bread dough;
- Mix batters.
Base Unit, Motor Power, and Overall Design
The Vitamix Venturist V1200 base unit features a combination of legacy and Ascent models design elements. The control panel has a legacy G‑series look; the back panel of the base unit comes with the same Ascent model large vent detail; however, the front panel sides do not have the Ascent’s model’s sleek curved bevel.
The base unit is equipped with the On/Off (Power) switch on its right-hand side to control the blender’s power. It is handy and does not require taking a plug out after each use.
The motor has 2.2HP at peak output power, 120 V, 50–60 Hz, 12 Amps, the same as other Ascent series models. It also has solid blades-motor drive coupling with all the metal connections for better blends and longer life. So, the Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender can be operated for up to 10 minutes without stopping; it is constructed to shut off automatically at the end of the maximum cycle.
Besides, the motor has a radial cooling fan and thermal protection system to protect it from overheating during use. The higher speed maximizes the motor cooling fan’s working while the continuous low speed may trigger an automatic shut-off.
Speed Settings and Programs
The Vitamix Venturist V1200 control panel has 10 variable speed dials, PULSE, START/STOP switches, programmable timer, and LCD timer display.
Dial knob: The variable speeds are activated by turning the dial knob to increase or decrease the speed from the lowest 1 to the highest speed 10.
Switches: The Start/Stop switch starts or stops the blender running cycle. Blending can be interrupted by pressing Start/Stop at any time. At the same time, the Pulse switch blends as a short burst and is usually used for chopping ingredients or eliminating air pockets in a mixture.
Programmable timer: Programmable timer allows you to set a running time similar to a microwave timer, so you can leave the blender and go away without the chance it will spoil your recipe. You can set the running time by continuously pressing protruded touchable buttons “+” or “-“ buttons. With the timer, you can create your own programs with this timer or use the Vitamix Best Blend Apps.
Digital Display: The display counts up if you use it with variable speed until you press START/STOP button. If you set the timer to the required time, it will count down and shut off automatically at the end of the cycle. Different Vitamix smart containers are set to run a specific maximum time.
You can change the running speed any time during the blending by turning the variable speed dial or stop the blending by pushing the START/STOP lever.
Container and Other Accessories
The Venturist V1200 bundle, apart from the standard for Vitamix blender, a self-detect low-profile 64-ounces capacity container, comes with a few accessories such as a self-detect Blending Cup and Bowl Starter Kit, tamper holder, and under blade scrapper.
All three containers are made of high-quality, durable BPA-free, shatter, and temperature-proofed Tritan copolyester material. The self-detect smart system identifies the container, cup, and bowl and adjusts the maximum blending time for each container.
64 oz container: The 64 ounces standard Ascent container has a wide bottom shape with permanently inbuilt blades. It also includes the transparent Tritan copolyester lid so that you can observe the entire blending process through it. The lid is also equipped with a transparent plug, adding extra ingredients during the blending process without stopping the machine.
Tamper: Vitamix Venturist V1200 blenders come with a custom-made S2 Low-Profile tamper. It fits into caps opening during blending and helps to process thick mixtures or remove air pockets without stopping the machine. Tamper should not be used during blending for more than 30 consecutive seconds; otherwise, it may overheat the machine and trigger automatic shut off.
Blending Cup and Bowl Starter Kit: The kit includes one 20-ounce single-serve cup with a spill-proof lid, one 8‑ounce bowl with a stackable lid, and blade assembly that pairs with both single-serve cups and bowl. The single-serve cup is designed for blending personal smoothies or small amounts of salad dressings, and the bowl will process baby food or grind a small number of spices. These bowls are not suitable for processing thick mixtures.
Other accessories: All types of containers, the Venturis V1200 model package includes tamper holder and scrapper accessories. The tamper holder is fastened to the blender motor base’s side to keep your tamper easily accessible at any time during the blending. Under blade scraper is designed to remove dense food such as nut butter, hummus, and ice cream from the container after blending.
Small vs. large batches: The standard wide bottom 64 ounces Vitamix container is designed to process medium to large batches of food. Essentially, it will handle at least 16 ounces of liquid ingredients or 4.5 cups of dry food.
The included in a package starter kit with smaller containers as not designed to process thick mixtures such nut butter or hummus. So if you plan to process small recipes of dense ingredients, you better look for the additional narrow bottom container or another blender model.
The Venturist V1200, similar to all Vitamix Ascent series machines, comes with 4 inches in diameter and 4 prong wet blades that fit into a standard wide bottom 64 oz container. All the blades’ assembly is made of impeccable quality stainless steel. The blades are dull by design and thus have no problem loosening sharpness with time. The blade assembly is permanently inbuilt into a container but could be removed (but not recommended) with a special wrench when needed.
Despite the fact that Vitamix standard blades are identified as wet, they efficiently process wet ingredients and could also do milling, grinding, and dough kneading tasks.
Ease of Using and Cleaning
Operating: The Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender with permanently inbuilt blade assembly is always straightforward to assemble for use and function. It just requires filling the jar with ingredients, setting the secure lid in place, popping it on the base unit, and being ready to run. The blender could be operated for up to 10 continuous minutes at a time and will shut down if it runs longer.
Cleaning: All Vitamix machines are designed to be cleaned with a self-cleaning procedure. All you need is just fill it halfway with water and a few drops of dish soap and run for 30 seconds.
Optional Accessories and Attachments
48 oz smart SELF-DETECT container wet blades: The jar fits all Ascent series blenders and is designed to perform the same job as 64 oz. wet blades container, which comes in the package with every Venturist V1200 model. However, these smaller-capacity containers will process small batches of ingredients more efficiently than the wide bottom standard container.
48 oz. smart SELF-DETECT dry blade container: The dry blades are designed to handle dry ingredients such as grains, cereals, coffee, and kneading the dough. They have a slightly different to wet blades design and direct the blending vortex up while the wet blades direct it down. Thus perform more efficiently the milling and kneading job. Yet, the dry blades cannot process liquids efficiently.
The dry blade container is not cheap; thus, it is worth buying only if you are an avid baker and intend to do many milling and kneading tasks—otherwise, the standard 64 oz. On the other hand, the wet blades container is perfectly capable of occasionally processing grain and kneading the dough.
48 oz stainless steel container is compatible with Ascent and legacy Vitamix models; however, the smart features do not work with Ascent blenders (including the V1200 model). The containers are made of stainless steel, so it is durable, non-reactive, and odor-resistant. Besides, this jar has a narrow bottom, thus able to process small recipes better than the standard container included in the package.
Aer Disc Container: This versatile jar is designed for preparing restaurant-like whipping, muddling, foaming, and emulsifying tasks at your home kitchen.
Food Processor Attachment: This 12 cup Food processor attachment is paired with Only Ascent series models and will expand your Vitamix blender versatility by performing all the professional food processor tasks such as slicing, chopping, dicing, and more.
All replacement parts (including jars, blades, lids, tamper centering pad, and others) are always available to buy from the Vitamix website or other online retailers. However, you hardly will need them to buy while your blender is under the warranty because the Vitamix warranty covers all regular wear and tear and replace them free of charge.
Colors: The Vitamix Venturist V1200 is available in 4 colors – black, red, white, and slate.
Certified Refurbished: Certified Refurbished units are available for the Vitamix Venturist V1200 model. The Refurbished Venturist V1200 pack includes only a 20-oz blending cup with the blade as additional accessories. It is usually available at an attractive price, though.
Use in countries outside of USA/Canada: The Vitamix Venturist V1200 sold in the USA has a 110–120 voltage system and is suitable for use in the USA/Canada and other 110–120 V regions such as Japan, Taiwan, Central, and South America, Saudi Arabia, and others. The machine could be operated occasionally via a voltage adapter but not recommended for an extended time as it could compromise the functionality of a gadget. However, a 220V-240V Venturist V1200 version is also sold in Europe and Australia.
- 2HP Motor Base
- 64 oz. self-detect Tritan copolyester container with transparent lid;
- S2 Low-Profile Tamper;
- SELF-DETECT 20-ounce container cup;
- SELF-DETECT 8‑ounce bowl (not included in Refurbished model pack);
- Blade Base;
- Tamper Holder (not included in Refurbished model pack);
- Under Blade Scraper (not included in Refurbished model pack);
- Simply Blending Cookbook;
- User Manual;
- Warranty information.
Warranty and Customer Service
The Vitamix Venturist comes with a 10-years FULL WARRANTY for new models and 5‑years FULL WARRANTY for Certified refurbished blenders, and the best Customer Service in the industry. The full warranty covers replacement, repair, both-way shipping, and normal wear and tear of all blender parts, including the jar, blade assembly, base unit, and 2‑parts lid.
The warranty could be registered online, by telephone, or by sending returning the product registration card included in the package any time from the day of purchase. The customer does not need to keep the receipt of the original purchase but has to provide the serial number that is located on the back of the base unit. Besides, the full warranty is transferable to any new owner over 10 years from the original purchase date.
The warranty and free shipping are only valid in the country of original purchase.
The Vitamix Venturist V1200 also has a 30-days risk-free trial and could be returned for a full refund and with free shipping if you did not like it for many reasons.
The noise is a subjective factor and depends on many parameters when measured (for example, angle or distance from measuring units). The manufacturers usually quote the blender noise output with an empty container. However, the harder food is blended, the more noise it outputs.
So, according to the manufacturer, the Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender with empty container outputs around 83 decibels while with ingredients it ranges between 86 to 90 decibels.
Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender has an 8 inches x 11 inches footprint. With a profile of 17 inches, the gadget will fit under standard kitchen cabinets if you intend to leave it on the counter. The unit is quite heavy, and the weight of the assembled machine (with the base unit, jar, and lid) is about 11.98 lbs pounds. However, the device is very stable and usually does not move across the counter during operation.
The Venturist V1200 Blender is also equipped with a convenient 4 ft. cord with wrap-up storage underneath the base.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons
- Performs all Vitamix functions — processing liquids, including juice, frozen mixtures, ice shaving, sauces, soup, purees, wet chopping, grinding, milling, and kneading — to the top-notch degree of quality;
- Equipped with 10 variable speed, pulse function, and programmable timer what allow a lot of flexibility over blending;
- Equipped with a smart self-detect container system, that helps identify the container type for maximum running time;
- A wide range of extra accessories available to buy for the blender, including the semi-professional Food Processor;
- Low-profile, BPA-free, 64-oz. container fits under most cabinets;
- Comes with 20 ounces single-serve cup, 8 ounces bowl, and mini blades that allow expanding Vitamix function;
- It comes with remarkable 10 years FULL warranty for a new blender and 5 years FULL warranty for reconditioned one that reassures its durability;
- It is manufactured in the USA by the company with an excellent reputation which produces the products that last for over 10 – 30 years.
- It has a wireless Bluetooth connectivity feature for connecting the blender to smartphone best blend app and smart scale to add the 500+ recipes and many more;
- Does not handle small recipes well.
The Venturist V1200 has excellent reviews with a pungent ratio from a few online retailers. However, a few people reduce the blender rating, not because of the performance but because they are not ready to use new technology blender.
Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender Price
Although the Venturist V1200 is a budget model, it is a rather costly Vitamix package because it comes with few extra attachments. However, the Certified Reconditioned Venturist V1200 model is available at a very reasonable price, and it is certainly worth considering if you are keen on this model.
Vitamix Venturist V1200 Blender, via Vitamix US
All Vitamix blenders are pricy, but they are worth every single penny. They perform many tasks no regular blender will do, like making sorbet or soup, and the quality of all blending jobs they perform on a high professional level. Furthermore, the Ascent series introduces new technology into the Vitamix blending world. So, this machine is worth buying if you are looking for a commercial-type blender for home use, have a household of more than three people, and are likely to use the technological options the latest Vitamix blenders offer.
The Ascent series comes with low-profile wide bottom containers, and likely you find them underperforming if you plan to use them for small recipes on an everyday basis. In this case, you better look for budget classic models with a narrow bottom container designed to handle better small batches of ingredients.
Check here our article Which is the Best Vitamix Blender to Buy? – All Models Comparison Guide 2021 if you have not decided which model suits your needs best.